Some information I took from Good News Stuttgart8 Facts for Cannstatter Wasen - Stuttgart Beer Festival
- More than 330 funfair operators make Cannstatter Wasen the largest fairground festival of the world
- The energy consumption equals the consumption of a city of 35.000 inhabitants.
- The erection of a large festival tent takes from two to three months and costs about half a million Euro.
- About 17.000 persons work directly or indirectly for the Cannstatt Beer Festival.
- Every year from four to five millions visitors on the Wasen.
- The Festival is already 191 years old.
- The historical symbol of the "Wasen" - the fruit column is adorned with more than 3 tons of vegetable and plants.
- More than 20.000 persons who are members of the Volksfest Association travel to Stuttgart from New York , Philadelphia and Chicago to visit Stuttgart and the "Wasen".